HomeRR ChatMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

You where wrong! (Double Posting)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
8² The Legend
RR Minus

PostSubject: You where wrong! (Double Posting)   Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:10 am

Okay when I got many warnings from east from "double posting", I was very lost, because infact, double posting means clicking on the "Send" button more then once to spam the thread. Don't believe me? Here's the official forum rule's that applies to every forum made:

Double posting
One common faux pas on Internet forums is to post the same message twice. Users sometimes post versions of a message that are only slightly different, especially in forums where they are not allowed to edit their earlier posts. Multiple posting instead of editing prior posts can artificially inflate a user's post count. Multiple posting can be unintentional; a user's browser might display an error message even though the post has been transmitted or a user of a slow forum might become impatient and repeatedly hit the submit button. Multiple posting can also be used as a method of trolling or spreading forum spam. A user may also send the same post to several forums, which is termed crossposting. This problem was inherited from Usenet and is a common complaint in many forums. Many forums allow for a message to be deleted or edited, solving this problem.

So east, and everyone who said I was breaking the rules, you where all wrong, a person is allowed to post another post as long as it's usefull, and all my second, third, or fifth posts have all been usefull in some way. So if you where to ban me for that reason, you'd be breaking official forum rules, and pretty much banning me for no reason. Not only that but you never mentioned that rule in the 8 rules you have.

I'm still going to follow your version of the "double posting" rule, but I'd just like you to know the truth. Here's the link if you want to read more:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: You where wrong! (Double Posting)   Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:23 am

Hmm, oh yes, we have edit button lol...so there is no need to post 5 posts instead of 1.

btw Guest ik what u did...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rrlobbychat.com
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: You where wrong! (Double Posting)   Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:12 pm

East made the rules here not Mr.Official Forum Guy. If East says it's double posting then it's double posting for this forum. We don't care about the other forums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
8² The Legend
RR Minus

PostSubject: Re: You where wrong! (Double Posting)   Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:04 am

Well, that's where your wrong. First of all, there isn't even a double posting rule in the eight rules so there you go. Also, you can't change an original rule that's been around since the begining of forums to your own rule. And this has nothing to do about other forums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfy
R.I.P. Wayne

PostSubject: Re: You where wrong! (Double Posting)   Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:47 am

What is it with you Legend. Because of you this is one ugly forum now. Stop with all the bull. If you dont like the chat or the forum then LEAVE. If you had spent that energy trying to help instead of finding everything wrong that you can maybe we would get somewhere. In every forum they frown on double posting. Like one thread that was already closed, you you you. Knock it off. You basically say the same thing anyway. And continued posting doesnt clear up a thing that you say. I myself at this point would perma bann you from the forums as of now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BEASTY
The Creator

PostSubject: Re: You where wrong! (Double Posting)   Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:19 am

THANKS IN GOD I TRUST FOR KEEPING IT STRAIGHT FOR WARD MY WORD MEANS ITS A RULE. also i asked you not to argue any more Legend and this topic was so not necessary.
We already tryed to just tell you but you just keep it going.

you will be allowed in the chat unless you argue there too.

BANNED. (1000 days)
LOCKED.
PISSED OFF.

Thanks IGIT <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rrsurvivors.forumclan.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You where wrong! (Double Posting)   

Back to top Go down

You where wrong! (Double Posting)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robot Rage Survivors Forums :: Robot Rage :: Robot Rage - General Talk-
Jump to: