Share | 

New RR?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:44 pm

Reality can be a cat in the bag sometimes ..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:58 pm

I don't mean to double post and jump my own old message but, I have a question. Would it be hard to make another lobbysystem for RR ? one that allows more people to connect ? When I am playing poker online (for instance) we never have that problem of firewalls and fences, anyone can connect to the table.

I know a new RR is probably not gonna happen but honestly the game is pretty ingenious allready ! (I agree with IGIT) perhaps we could change just a few issues like the lobby system so people that enter RR will not get discouraged and leave, because they can't get a game and have to talk to people like 2d4 and others in some obscure chatroom, until they finally get a game some 4 hours later.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:21 pm

Its pretty simple but someone needs to have the time, resources, and knowledge to do so. But as far as i know its pretty simple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:23 am

Really .. well you guys should align and join forces, right ?
Maybe start a new Topic (when everyone is less buisy) to discuss
what could be done and share nerdy tech info Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:13 am

Hello people

I don't mean to be repetative .. but it is obvious (2 me) that the only way to get RR going again is to change and update the lobby/connection system. Everytime I enter the lobby there are guys who want to play RR badly and they try for hours but cannot connect, Then they have no choice then to abandon this game and look for some place they can actually get a game.

My question to the most knowledgeable of the RR community: Can it be done ? Can we get a better lobbysystem ?

Anything else is secondary. Thank you for your attention

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RootRanger
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:59 am

The old RR didn't use a server.
With most multiplayer games, the game is being hosted on a server and the players connect to the server. This prevents the lag from being too extreme.
With RR, one of the players (I believe it's the fence) hosts the game on their own computer for both players to play. This explains the lag and the wall/fence problem.

If we wanted a better lobby, we would need a server, which wouldn't be cheap.

Of course, Miniclip would have made a ton of money if they had bought a server for Robot Rage, but for some odd reason Miniclip has been against the success of RR (Adding the EMP and Kami, removing chat).

Probably because RFS, one of the Admins, is reminded of Robot Arena 2 whenever he sees RR. I know that RA2 is something he is sensitive about.

Anyways, enough conjecture.
Server = less lag, anyone plays anyone.
No server = major problems.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rootranger@gmail.com
MackAO
Sea Scumb

PostSubject: adfsc]fq   Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:04 am

Hey, i used to play robot rage a few years ago (i was active on this forum and on the chat). Unfortunately that was a long time ago, so my robots are gone and i have no idea what my username was.

Since none of us have the time nor the resources to make this game, i was thinking we might be able to find someone else who already makes these kinds of games and ask them to make it. Its as simple as we want a game, and they could make a profit on it.

And we don't necessarily have to make it in shockwave... we could make it a downloadable game.

Is robotrage.110mb.com/ still working?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RootRanger
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:28 am

Oh, KK's chat? Well KK just decided to disappear, so no, it isn't working.
As for a new game, I'm sure game developers already get enough people giving them game ideas. I doubt we would be able to influence them.

Back to top Go down
MackAO
Sea Scumb

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:03 am

its worth a try, though, since it seems we are getting nowhere on our own.
I mean seriously, this topic is 2 years old. -_-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RootRanger
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:07 am

Eh...we've just moved on to different games.
I like my new game almost as much as I liked RR.

...almost

Back to top Go down
MackAO
Sea Scumb

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:02 am

Well, if you put it that way, then there isnt any reason for me to stick around here. The old robot rage is dead, i down lie to anyone about that, and its clear there never will be a new robot rage.
Such a pitty, but as they say, no use crying over spilled milk, or in this case, no use hanging around a dead game.

Where will i go? CyberRepublik and eRepublik are my personal favorites. You might consider taking a look, although don't expect anything like RR; its a completely different game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:10 am

Let's stick to the topic (with all due respect and thanks for your posts !)

Can it be done ? Yes/ no ? anyone ?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Possible, yes. Plausible, no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:02 pm

If it is not likely , what is the main obstacle ?

thanks,

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MackAO
Sea Scumb

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:12 pm

The main obstacles are that no one has the time or the resources to build the game, and no one wants to pay for a server that would make the game work well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:20 am

Okay so basically we can't change the lobbysystem with the current server ? Excuse my blandness I am technically illiterate. The game as a whole can remain the same, it's the lobby system that needs improvement foremost

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:30 am

You would have to change almost everything in order to change the lobby system. Re-code everything!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Okay right ..

thanks for explaining that to me, I had no idea. But supose someone would want to
recode the game, can it still be hosted by the same server we have now ? (the one in some scandinavian territory, still hosting this game while it costs them money and we have no idea why they do that)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:06 pm

As root said, RR doesn't really have a server. So in order to make RR better someone would have to buy a server!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MackAO
Sea Scumb

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:29 pm

on the other hand, there might be room for improvement on the p2p system. Perhaps there are newer/better technologies in this area than there where back when RR was made.

Does anyone know if miniclip is willing to give us the code? If they where, that would make our lives so very much easier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:35 pm

iN GOD I TRUSTâ„¢ wrote:
As root said, RR doesn't really have a server. So in order to make RR better someone would have to buy a server!

Well it is online, so it I asume it is hosted by a server ? As I recall Carl pinged the IP adress and posted the contact info of that company + telephone number. They must have a reason for keeping it online. I suggested back then that someone could simply ring them up and ask for the code (since they host it I asume they could have it) or to see what can be done. We have nothing to lose and much to gain !

I agree with you mackao

If someone finds and reposts Carls info (post here) I will be so kind to
make a phonecall at my own expences ! I always forget
where but it's somewhere on the forum. It would be great tho if you guys
can give me clues on what to ask this person ?! I have no idea, I am not
very good at techy stuff. So give me example-question suggestions plz Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RootRanger
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:29 am

Here we go.

2D4 wrote:
Carl wrote:
2D4 wrote:
2D4 wrote:
Hmmmm ..

That is interresting.Do you know by any chance: who is it that is hosting the RR we are playing at the moment ? I mean, who is keeping it online ? it must be someone and it must cost a certain amount of money.Usually when a game is cancelled from Miniclip, they do not keep it running, that is not in their own interrest, so I asume it is not miniclip.

I think who ever is keeping it running, will probably have all they keys you guys need Smile
maybe we should try to find out who it is

Hello ?

Anyone ?

The configuration file settings for the IRC and P2P connection are connected to IP1 miniclipirc.shockplay.com and to IP2 195.43.255.215. This address seems to originate from a server located in Sweden, hosted by Internet Border Technologies, apparently a Swedish company.

Pinging 'miniclipirc.shockplay.com' reveals its IP address to be [81.201.222.254]. A lookup of this address pinpoints its location to Stockholm, also in Sweden, and hosted by another Swedish company called Hjemmet Annonse Media I Sverige (Home Advertising Media in Sweden).

Here is it people, Thank Carl for the research.The first one to call will be the first one to call !!

Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:32 am

Thanks !

I remember now that was my repost of Carls info. I will see if I get round to making the call. Any suggestions on what I should ask them ? I mean I can just see myself talking to a busty swedish blonde and saying something like " .. . ... . THE CODE please " not ideal, I have really no idea, they will probably think I am a defected spy from libya or something Smile

Another way is to simply write an email but the first adres doesn't have an email (the original page may have had it tho) Try the second one ?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:13 pm

yeah... what to ask them... if we were to ask them about the server and why they are still hosting it they might just as soon stop hosting it. We need to think of a good approach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:29 am

Interresting you say that .. cuz i have been thinking the same thing ! but is that realistic ? did they forget they are hosting a game and are they going to shut it down as soon as we wake them up ? Hosting something on internet costs money right ? They ought to know .. right ?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New RR?   

Back to top Go down

New RR?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robot Rage Survivors Forums :: Robot Rage :: Robot Rage - General Talk-
Jump to: