Share | 

A light at the end of this dark tunnel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
UkuleleKev
Lowest Of Low

PostSubject: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:45 am

Here in the UK, as you may have heard, DAVE, a popular channel has started broadcasting Robot Wars again, and I feel this could be the lifeline that can get our game up and running once more.

So who's with me, lets get this brilliant, understated and forgotten game back into the spotlight of internet online gaming!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carl
RR Pro

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:09 am

We need to organize something to attract a large audience of players... though I don't know how to begin. Sad I guess we could make banners and stuff and post those to gaming communities?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkuleleKev
Lowest Of Low

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Yeah, that could work, or just try and get more games websites like addictingggames to host it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfy
R.I.P. Wayne

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:16 pm

Awesome idea. Thanks Carl. I dont know you. Who is that idiot Tornado, anybody know? I dont think I get the Dave Channel in Denver. Dang.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:51 pm

If anyone is willing to pay money they could advertise it on facebook.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carl
RR Pro

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:42 am

Wolfy wrote:
Awesome idea. Thanks Carl. I dont know you. Who is that idiot Tornado, anybody know? I dont think I get the Dave Channel in Denver. Dang.

I'm CarlosMarti123 in the Miniclip Forums and no-name in the RRLobbyChat. Remember me? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moonmasher
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:19 pm

i might be a little pesimistic, buuuut.
i cant stand anymore fake hopes. this doesnt mean RR will get popular.
it most likely wont change a thing, it can, but no most likely not. KK killed this game for me ;O

btw ill be happy if you actually make it popular Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BEASTY
The Creator

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:07 pm

i have 100$ of google ads i can put up and i can link them to robot rage or this forums or both. Smile

Thanks IGIT <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rrsurvivors.forumclan.com
Carl
RR Pro

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:16 pm

Well, I did a little experiment the other day. I posted good advertisements on Xat.com (the chatting website) for people to get interested in the game. Next there were like 20 people in the lobby and I'm a wall. Though I'm not sure if that's a really high number, it's the most I have seen in months. If we put up advertisements on important social websites (without mindless spamming) we can attract a large enough fan base of players. This is all just theoretical though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moonmasher
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:55 pm

heres methods of spreading stuff....

Talking in real.
Most ineffective way, may get some players

Forum Signatures and such
may alot more then talking irl, but you might wanna be popular
or else people wont notice it.

Ads
Best way, can get you heaps of players

Spamming
Gets you somewhat more or less like sigs, depends on where, when and ..... wtf
.... yeah...... it may also make peeps quit Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:54 pm

If we all work together this'll work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:08 pm

I don't think it will...

Raketspel and MC are waiting very patiently until nobody plays the game anymore so they can take it off right as the population says 0.

Believe what you want to believe though.

IT IS A FREE COUNTRY
Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:52 pm

Sheesh. Coejoe, not everyone lives in the USA first of all. Secondly MC already took it off their list of games, and thirdly take a chill pill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:58 pm

Coejoe wrote:
I don't think it will...

Raketspel and MC are waiting very patiently until nobody plays the game anymore so they can take it off right as the population says 0.

Believe what you want to believe though.

IT IS A FREE COUNTRY

Correction, take the whole game server off.

Do you live in a free country?
Or are there still slaves where you live?
Back to top Go down
Carl
RR Pro

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:18 pm

Good compilation moonmasher. We'd need to pay for adds though, and find the most strategic places for them... game sites and such I suppose. But signatures in popular forums could be a good start!

Also Coejoe, I thought you lived in Saturn's Rings? Wink I heard they got McDonald's over there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RootRanger
V.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:21 am

I hate to ruin everything...but...
No matter how many players RR has, it is not self-sustaining.

What I mean is that, without advertising, RR can not keep its amount of players. MC has not made any big changes since they took out chat. But I remember the players going down after that. Over two years RR went from 1000 players to 100 or less.

You might think that if we could just hit 200 players, 500 players, 1000 players, then everyone would get battles and stay in RR. That's not how it works. No matter how many players we have, the number will go down. As we do not own the game, we would only be digging into our personal money for advertisements. Is this really what we want? Constantly paying to keep the game up?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rootranger@gmail.com
Joe
Lowest Of Low

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:38 am

If you love it enough you would.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:53 am

How much?

btw Guest ik what u did...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rrlobbychat.com

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:49 pm

Jork, it means more than everything to you! You are on or used to be on 24/7. You have 100 bots for pete sake.
Back to top Go down
moonmasher
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:56 am

dont say moonmasher, its hitech goddamn it.
coejoe you began bumping and now ur spamming? GG
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carl
RR Pro

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:28 am

moonmasher wrote:
dont say moonmasher, its hitech goddamn it.

Well HiTech, what has gotten into you? I call you moonmasher, naturally, because that's what I'm thinking of when I look at the name. What is the problem with that? It's the name you chose...
I don't want a fight just because I called you something else. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BEASTY
The Creator

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:53 am

Hey moonmasher you can use your other acount. your not banned...

Thanks IGIT <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rrsurvivors.forumclan.com
Carl
RR Pro

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:55 am

East, have you checked the PM I sent you yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moonmasher
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:49 pm

again its hitech, and no im still banned
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:14 pm

Carl wrote:
Wolfy wrote:

I'm CarlosMarti123 in the Miniclip Forums and no-name in the RRLobbyChat. Remember me? Smile

There is a free way to advertise on Facebook IGIT , we did some Campaigns for KyleXY.net , that series I like and created a group, or several groups on facebook, soon we had thousands of members (over 130.000) and supporters, and the groups can also contain every link to RR needed to play and chat.Creating a group is totally free
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A light at the end of this dark tunnel   

Back to top Go down

A light at the end of this dark tunnel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robot Rage Survivors Forums :: Robot Rage :: Robot Rage - General Talk-
Jump to: