robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed
 
HomeRR ChatMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should we have a Poll on the Topic of hacking ?
Yes, it really is about time ..
100%
 100% [ 7 ]
Maybe .. can you first tell me what hacking is ?
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
No ! Do I look like I want to discuss this topic ?
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7
 

AuthorMessage
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
avatar

Posts : 3451

PostSubject: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:11 pm


VOTE PLEASE !!! The Poll closes in about 4 weeks



I was thinking for some time about making a Poll on the Topic of Hacking.regardless if this is a good idea or not, it seems to fill only about 80% of the forum discussions and gives rise to much animosity and problems among us.It is mostly discussed indirectly, for obvious reasons, it is a sensetive Topic understandably so but I think it's a good idea to know what the people that play this game think about it, so we perhaps can have an open discussion and hopefully create at least a little more understanding for eachothers different points of view.You can however vote anonimously and you don't have to motivate your choice.

I don't want to force this on anyone tho , that's why I made a poll to ask you if you think this is a good idea

Note:
AGAIN, to make this abundantly clear: it is perfectly understandable if you vote NO, for various and probably legitimate reasons.Otherwise that option would not be there so go ahead, we just want to know if we should follow through with the Poll.I mean, to be honest I would feel quilty if I brought it up and it ended up harming the community, instead of helping it.On the other hand I hope more transparency and a chance for everyone to have a voice in this matter will bring clarity and understanding, so help us by voting for or against the Poll in the first place.






Last edited by 2D4 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:06 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carl
RR Pro
avatar

Posts : 374

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:28 pm

I think it's a good idea. However, we should divide the poll into different parts discussing different aspects of hacking. Some people agree on some of these but might disagree on others. People should also remember that this is a civilized discussion made of arguments and opinions, not abusing others.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
avatar

Posts : 3451

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:08 pm

I have been thinking exactly the same Smile I just forgot to mention those points.So please: No namecalling and try to stay out of eachothers hair.This is for the sake of discussing the matter.If you have any suggestions on how those different questions would be divided in the Poll let me know Smile

Ps Dont forget to vote on this Poll about the voting of the other Poll haha




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carl
RR Pro
avatar

Posts : 374

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:15 am

Of course! Wink

Quote :
Topic #1: Super Weapon hacking...
  • It should be allowed for everyone.
  • It should be allowed for select people (such as those that have attained a certain degree of rank)
  • It should not be allowed.
  • Other (specify in comments)
Topic #2: Credit hacking or glitching...
  • It should be allowed for everyone.
  • It should be allowed for select people (such as those that have attained a certain degree of rank)
  • It should not be allowed.
  • Other (specify in comments)
This can be extended to other forms of exploitation such as point hacking, armor hacking, speedgearing, glitching, etc. I must also say that, since we have relatively few people in this community, the results will reflect the opinions of those specific people. This is intended to encourage open and moderate discussion on the topic.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
avatar

Posts : 3451

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:50 am

Okay, I have to say it looks good, I would have never thought of the option "for select people" as that seems really unfair somehow, I mean who is going to check if they actually have the rank and who is gonna call the cops if they don't or if they hacked the ranking ? (yes .. even that can be done it apparently ) I would also rather include: I have no opinion / I don't know what hacking is. But you are so right about the moderate discussion.Very nice work, solid.

Let me meditate on this a little and we will work out the best Poll list together how does that sound ?

Note.
I want to make clear that this has the intention of mapping the opinions of the RR community at large, no final dicisions will be derived from the outcome and no rights can be obtained from the Poll.




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carl
RR Pro
avatar

Posts : 374

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:07 am

2D4 wrote:
Okay, I have to say it looks good, I would have never thought of the option "for select people" as that seems really unfair somehow, I mean who is going to check if they actually have the rank and who is gonna call the cops if they don't or if they hacked the ranking ? (yes .. even that can be done it apparently ) I would also rather include: I have no opinion / I don't know what hacking is. But you are so right about the moderate discussion.Very nice work, solid.

Let me meditate on this a little and we will work out the best Poll list together how does that sound ?

Note.
I want to make clear that this has the intention of mapping the opinions of the RR community at large, no final dicisions will be derived from the outcome and no rights can be obtained from the Poll.

I included the second one from TRC's opinion, that they should be able to get Super Weapons if they have legitimately attained a rank of +++. I agree with you on the problem of judgement. You're right about the "no opinion" option too. And sure we can make the poll list together. Smile

I also completely agree with you on the last part. This poll has no effect on deciding whether or not certain types of hacking should be allowed, but is just intended to show the opinions of some members of the Robot Rage Community.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
avatar

Posts : 2057

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:58 am

Glitching is okay because it has nothing to do with anything, it's game designers fault that there are so many glitches, but when it goes to hacking then it should be forbidden if you are going to have fun and rule over others using those hacks, hacking in educational purposes is okay if you are not going to play innocent people.
I voted that there should be a poll.




btw Guest ik what u did...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rrlobbychat.com
Carl
RR Pro
avatar

Posts : 374

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:47 am

I know glitches are just an unintentional part of the game, but things such as credit-glitching might give some players an unfair advantage over others who cannot do the same. Direct hacking against other players should definitely be forbidden, of course.

Thanks for voting! Smile


Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
avatar

Posts : 2057

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:41 am

There is no credit glitching any longer, now it's a hack, miniclip removed possibility to glitch credits, Dalmat made the hacked site, so it's hacking.




btw Guest ik what u did...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rrlobbychat.com
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
avatar

Posts : 3451

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:01 pm

jork wrote:
Glitching is okay because it has nothing to do with anything, it's game designers fault that there are so many glitches, but when it goes to hacking then it should be forbidden if you are going to have fun and rule over others using those hacks, hacking in educational purposes is okay if you are not going to play innocent people.
I voted that there should be a poll.

Very good, the idea is that we get the discussion going but the point is that everyone is welcome to give their opinions / perspective on hacking, so in our minds we should add the words : "In my opinion" beacouse that is what we are doing right now: gathering opinions.There are no definate rules about hacking made here, we will not take it further then that at this point and that would also block the discussion (in my opinion) The same goes for you Carl

BTW Jork did you vote ? I see only 3 votes yet




Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
avatar

Posts : 3451

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:10 pm

Carl wrote:
2D4 wrote:
Okay, I have to say it looks good, I would have never thought of the option "for select people" as that seems really unfair somehow, I mean who is going to check if they actually have the rank and who is gonna call the cops if they don't or if they hacked the ranking ? (yes .. even that can be done it apparently ) I would also rather include: I have no opinion / I don't know what hacking is. But you are so right about the moderate discussion.Very nice work, solid.

Let me meditate on this a little and we will work out the best Poll list together how does that sound ?

Note.
I want to make clear that this has the intention of mapping the opinions of the RR community at large, no final dicisions will be derived from the outcome and no rights can be obtained from the Poll.

I included the second one from TRC's opinion, that they should be able to get Super Weapons if they have legitimately attained a rank of +++. I agree with you on the problem of judgement. You're right about the "no opinion" option too. And sure we can make the poll list together. Smile

I also completely agree with you on the last part. This poll has no effect on deciding whether or not certain types of hacking should be allowed, but is just intended to show the opinions of some members of the Robot Rage Community.


Okay Carl I agree with those questions but the option to have the right to hack at a certain rank will not be included, it makes things complicated and besides .. for the sake of discussion one could just as easily say that it should only be allowed to hack UNDER a certain rank, beacouse these people have no credits, no skill and need to have a fair chance to fight the ranked bots.Also: why would a +++ need a credit hack ? the fact that is has +++ should mean it has enough money to buy like anything.Also: if only higher ranks are running around in rich, hacked supers, how will the lower ranks ever be able to beat them and earn the credits they need to buy weapons to get a higher rank ? Also: Supervision is a serious problem.So lets take that option out, it will be a vote in favor or against hacking.I can leave the actual Poll up to you but I would like to make a text to go with it and also a disclaimer of my own making, I am still working on it so lets see in like 2 weeks when everyone had a chance to vote here? I can send you the drafts in PM or we can keep in touch about it there, ok with you ?




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carl
RR Pro
avatar

Posts : 374

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:43 pm

Excellent. Cool


Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHatterr
Sea Scumb


Posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:38 pm

Now, you see.
Is hacking getting super weapons OR is it fucking up peoples paintjobs? DO YOU THINK IT WILL EVEN MAKE A GOD DAMNED DIFFERENCE IF EVERYONE VOTES NO TO HACKING?

Im sorry, this is horrible. no sense.




Hatterr
clearly thats what I am in your eyes

Why cant we see
That when we bleed we bleed the same
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carl
RR Pro
avatar

Posts : 374

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:54 pm

TheHatterr wrote:
Now, you see.
Is hacking getting super weapons OR is it fucking up peoples paintjobs? DO YOU THINK IT WILL EVEN MAKE A GOD DAMNED DIFFERENCE IF EVERYONE VOTES NO TO HACKING?

Im sorry, this is horrible. no sense.

Both are hacking. That's why the topic needs to be split, in order to be specific about which one we're talking about.

As we said before, this is just a poll to survey the opinions of some members of the community. It will not affect anything else.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
avatar

Posts : 3451

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:22 am

TheHatterr wrote:
Now, you see.
Is hacking getting super weapons OR is it fucking up peoples paintjobs? DO YOU THINK IT WILL EVEN MAKE A GOD DAMNED DIFFERENCE IF EVERYONE VOTES NO TO HACKING?

Im sorry, this is horrible. no sense.


The point of my topic is to give people like you a place to voice their opinion also ! so whats with the negative attitude ? How do you know everyone will vote NO ? if we knew then we wouldn't need to have a Poll right ? and hat .. you didn't vote in this pre-poll (above) did you ?

VOTE PLEASE


This is just a pre-poll to see if everyone wants to have the actual poll.All people in the RR community will be allowed to vote, so don't be so pessemistic





Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHatterr
Sea Scumb


Posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:19 am

Wow... IM NOT BANNED?




Hatterr
clearly thats what I am in your eyes

Why cant we see
That when we bleed we bleed the same
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
avatar

Posts : 3451

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:50 pm

TheHatterr wrote:
Wow... IM NOT BANNED?

Well, are you just here to disturb the peace and to get banned ? I bet you are really upbeat and posetive in Wolfy's Forum and talk about all kinds of cheery things .. kind of annoying dude, get a life.




Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
avatar

Posts : 3451

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:03 am

7 votes .. not a lot but it will have to do I guess.

What do you guys say we make a Poll on hacking soon ?

Any suggestions?




Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHat
H€®Ø
avatar

Posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:45 am

Heres an idea.
How about we send an ip crash to hackers.
Why?
"Hackers ruined robot rage"

No they did not. The game is simply old. What ruined it was lack of updates. Really, there should have been a second robot rage (well, third)
Then it might have stayed alive.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
avatar

Posts : 3451

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:57 am

I am ( or Carl, if he wants to) going to make a Poll on hacking to see what the RR community at large thinks about it and it's different forms.

I welcome everyone to vote and join the discussion on that Topic/Page ! Your comments will be most welcome there Hat.




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?   

Back to top Go down
 
Should we have a Poll on the Topic of Hacking ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robot Rage Survivors Forums :: Robot Rage :: Robot Rage - General Talk-
Jump to: