HomeRR ChatMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

PNRR - Batteries/Energy Cells/Whatevah

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
moonmasher
RR Beginner

PostSubject: PNRR - Batteries/Energy Cells/Whatevah   Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:47 pm

PNRR stands for possible new robot rage. As in this is ideas if I/you/we start programming.
This is mostly for fun, But some content may be used If I/you/we start programming a RR game.
All PRR topics made by me will Include these first 4 Lines. When I have a few topics with several Ideas I might make
a "Head topic" with links to the Idea topics and stuff.

Anyway I think the game is pretty bland/boring on the Battery section. It needs more fuel aye.
Post your ideas of new batteries of some kind. They might aswell be AA or some made up nuclear powered ones. Its up to you.

Keep In mind you might want to Include these:
Name,Amount of space it uses,energy capacity,weight,price
and other information you feel like adding in

//Edit//
Feel free to make models or graphics displaying your Battery
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: PNRR - Batteries/Energy Cells/Whatevah   Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:05 pm

What about you would have to refill batteries for money, they will last for as long as you charge them (meaning the more money you spend on them, like 1 credit=1minute of driving non stop/weight of your bot), just an idea. Probably a bad one if we don't stop moneyhackers lol.
About graphic models, I haven't tried that stuff out, we need someone to explain how to do that stuff and put it all together in one game in the end if we are planning something serious.
Do you have some programs that you would suggest?

btw Guest ik what u did...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rrlobbychat.com
moonmasher
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: PNRR - Batteries/Energy Cells/Whatevah   Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:22 pm

Well autoCAD is pretty nice, I tried it during my visit to a "high school" (turning into a senior this summer) It's was suprisingly easy to model with it comparing to others i have used like Blender & 3DSmax (I think those are modelling programs anyhow)

Putting models In a game could be done by adding all models to a .dll and then have the game read it from there. The battery recharge thing is actually pretty smart.
and I wouldnt worry too much about hackers. THeres plenty of hacking shield software lols.
Also battery recharging would probably not be available to all batteries.
Hydrogen for example can be recharged, its a secondary. But an alkaline usually is a 1 charge use battery. Alkalines would have more energy to start out with but would lose 20% max energy after every game of the energy used during the rounds. While hydrogen got a smaller amount but can be recharged to the maximum allowed energy at garage or something like that for credits.

Example.
a brand new Alkaline's maximum energy is 10,000
during a game of 3 rounds you used up... lets say 1,337 energy.
then its current maximum energy will be decreased fór the coming games by 20% of 1,337.
and this continues until the battery is broke. as you first bought it You can pretty much waste energy like a maniac but as you continue to use it, it wont hold as much energy, and you would eventually have to buy a new set. Also used batteries will be sold for 50% of the shop price. Unused batteries can be sold for the shop price, to be nice Razz

Now hydrogens maximum energy is 5,000
during a game you use up.... 100 energy
then at the next game you will start out with 4,500 unless you recharge it.

Just ideas, kinda imbalanced.
I think theres a modelling program called Milkshape3d too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moonmasher
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: PNRR - Batteries/Energy Cells/Whatevah   Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Nitrotex A+
(made up company,manufacturers,designers based on myself lol)
Energy: 2730
Space: 2.0
Weight: 0 kg
Price: 400 Credits
Its a pretty large battery, but still light as a feather. Gives you 730 more energy then an alkaline does, almost as good as an hydrogen+alkaline combo.

Nitrotex for the future Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moonmasher
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: PNRR - Batteries/Energy Cells/Whatevah   Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:53 pm

Meh forgot to say, you get more energy for the money by buying two alkalines but Nitrotex A+ doesnt affect your weight. Nice battery if you want speed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PNRR - Batteries/Energy Cells/Whatevah   

Back to top Go down

PNRR - Batteries/Energy Cells/Whatevah
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robot Rage Survivors Forums :: Robot Rage :: Robot Rage - General Talk-
Jump to: