HomeRR ChatMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:43 pm

hm... ok...the world is going to end, but the Bible is clear that no-one knows when.

I've heard this statement before "If you think the world is going to end tomorrow everyday will the world never end"

well, im going to shoot this one down myself. The Bible says ""know" so "thinking" isn't just enough. But thinking that everyday is your last is a pretty good way to think. It will make you do everything to your best, at least if your like me.

Any thoughts on the subject?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHat
H€®Ø

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:04 pm

treat everyday like your last.
wake up
say bye to everyone
smoke a shitload of drugs cause i know im gonna die ._.

...not such a smart idea.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Hmm I dunno IGIT, people always say that : live life like it's your last day but I think it has a certain sadness a melancholy to it. In a way it's like saying: O what the hell I don't give a ****. let's kill and rape everyone, lets smoke dope and party hardy cause it's all over, now nothing really matters anymore. For me personally .. it just makes me anxious

You are right about the difference between knowing and thinking .. That same text also sais: for I do not have to tell you that .. because you know very well .. (preasuming they know) So eh, do you know ? (when the sht hits the fan)

What puzzles me is the fact that the text clearly seems to speak about the end times and at the same time adresses a generation of men that jesus very well knew would never see any of these things happening but giving them advice and warning just the same. Why ? when these signs would never apply to them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:57 am

good points

2D4, I think he told them for a couple of reasons... so we would know and so that they would think he is coming soon.

If you are a Christian and you hear about the end of the world, you probably think of the rapture and stuff like that. If you were to live each day like Jesus was coming than you wouldn't smoke and do stuff like that. You would try to be as godly as possible. That is... if you are a Christian
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHat
H€®Ø

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:26 am

i have a friend name christian. does that count?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:48 am

Hmmm yes

but that basically means he lied ? "behold, I am coming soon" still no one .. so is he teaching us that it is okay to lie ? and if he lied about that how can we be sure he was telling the truth about the signs of the last days ? I think people get the rapture all wrong .. I can just sense that. i think what God means is that he is going to let the best people have a swift and painless death to spare them all the dreads that would follow. Just an idea. I also think people get the bible all wrong, the bible isn't a book .. it's a man - chosen collection of writings and many important ones are left out, many that did make it have been mistranslated and altered. How can you alter the word of god and live with it ?

I read some about prophecies and the end times and it is predicted by many that the catholic church will suffer and will be persecuted and burned and plundered (shortly before the real trouble starts) I am watching the news closely as the catholic child abuse cases pile up, one after the other and it starts making sense. I even wonder why people put up with so much crap for so long .. I mean that institute has been terrorizing people for ages ... so I am surprised they still have support .. but even luck has got to run out, sometime. With the economic fear growing people will start realizing that they are perversely rich .. since they have not payed taxes for ages. The net worth of the vatican is unknown but it is in the billions not millions. It is obvious that jesus would not have agreed on that : ) but nowadays the true christians that keep his word are called gnostics and the catholics called them heretics to burn at the stake. As soon as the people will run out of money they will come knocking at those gates.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:58 am

um... i don't quite understand all of what you said but remember this

To God and Jesus time is very different from time to us. Remember were there since... forever, so "soon" for them could still be like 23454673 years.

I believe that all the true Christians will be raptured, taken directly to Heaven with probably no pain and the ones left will suffer greatly.

The Bible is neither man nor book. The Bible is a library. In it there are books. But recent studies have shown that by finding the dead sea scrolls and comparing their writings to the ones today, that they are 95% alike. And that 5% was mostly grammatical changes that have occurred in the last thousand years. But I do agree with you that many people misunderstand the rapture and the Bible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHat
H€®Ø

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:02 am

I have a question to ask all you religionies.
If Jesus came back to earth, would he want to see another cross?
I have no idea why everyone is obsessed with religion, its so mindless O_O
dont say im religious cuz im atheist, im not an atheist, atheism is retarded. my view on religion is believe in it okay cool, but why?
and prophets, ok you can see stuff, but only when your on drugs. Maybe there are prophets, maybe god exists.

I just dont care about that stuff.

Edit: Heres some lyrics i think sumarizes relegion in general.
Choices always were a problem for you
What you need is someone strong to guide you

Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow
What you need is someone strong to guide you...
Like me

=Think for once!= Dont be blinded be (im not going to say media because that word is stupid) the government!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:11 am

Well in my point of view your idea of the rapture is identical to mine, only difference is, in my opinion they will still die, or be "taken away" wich is natural and if God isn't natural then who is ?? You may be right about the bible I am no expert but I gave the example of the roman church to illustrate how dead wrong these same teachings can be used and interpreted to gather power and wealth and terrorize and suppress people. Since we were discussing end times I figured these prophecies would be interresting.

Regarding the words of jesus about those times, well he is clearly speaking to men that are with him in the flesh and that ask him: when will this be ? how will WE know ? not: How will future generations know .. and he even stresses the point that surely their own generation will not pass before the end has come. Can be interpreted any way you want so surely there is some clever scholar that will tell us something entirely different is meant here but isn't that book supposed to be for the PEOPLE ? who was it intended for ? I hope you are not catholic and I am not stepping on your toes

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:23 pm

TheHat wrote:
I have a question to ask all you religionies.
If Jesus came back to earth, would he want to see another cross?
I have no idea why everyone is obsessed with religion, its so mindless O_O
dont say im religious cuz im atheist, im not an atheist, atheism is retarded. my view on religion is believe in it okay cool, but why?
and prophets, ok you can see stuff, but only when your on drugs. Maybe there are prophets, maybe god exists.
If (when) Jesus comes back to Earth I don't think he would WANT to see another cross but he certainly wouldn't MIND seeing another one. Why? Because He conquered the cross.

I think part of the reason that I'm religious is that I was born into a Christian family and went to a "Christian" school for most of my life. I believe that really helped in me becoming a Christian/Religious person.

I respect that you are okay with someone being religious, but I don't understand why you don't look into it more.

My view on not being a Christian/Religious:
Would you rather believe that you are just a spec of dust in the whole scheme of things, that you are here just because of chance, that you were simply created to live now with no reward for your good deeds and no punishment for injustices of the unjust, that you will die and that's it?
Or would you rather believe that you are the perfect design of a creator that loves you so much that he sent his son to die for you, that you were put on this Earth for a reason and that there is an afterlife and you could live in eternal paradise if you would only accept a simple gift?

And no, 2D4, I'm not Catholic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHat
H€®Ø

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:18 pm

im totally think relegion is cool. a group of people coming together to do good things. but thats not what happens, mainly war happens because war is human nature. people fight what they dont know. no one knows if heaven or god exist but wouldent it be nice to believe that? people are convincing themself god exists and if enough people believe it god will exist because everyone believes in him. ehn, not a very good way to describe it but if you really want to know what im talking about read enders game (specifically the 3 and 4th when the asian planet is introduced.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:15 pm

im not saying that God will exist if people believe in him, he already exists. What I'm saying is, you can chose to believe he does and reap the rewards or you can think he doesn't and get nothing in return.

besides that fact, acting according to the Bible is a good attribute to your life style. Just look at the ten commandments for starters, if you obey all of those rules its a pretty good start, but the most important rule is "love your neighbor as yourself". It sounds simple enough but its pretty hard to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHat
H€®Ø

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:25 pm

im saying people are scared of the unknown so they make up stories.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:50 am

fine, but you can't make up things that are real.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:41 am

What if war isn't human nature but reptillian nature ? and we have been genetically modified by a reptillian race to be a sub race of inferior aliens ? Just a theory Smile

I can follow you both and i can see the way you think and I realise that in this world of confusion and delusion it's a first step to understand someone, in spite of not agreeing. Because you learn that you can get it wrong, just like anyone else and you will feel compassion because your certainty to miss the mark many times over is the one thing that you share with everyone else. The one thing that makes you human and at the same time the one thing that makes you stand out. (I may have smoked a lil weed at a party earlier)

My belief is still undefined, I can't believe in a bible that was composed by a group of men (the counsel of nicea) who also formed the foundation of the catholic church and all it's sins. I have read gospels that are called apocrypha and invalid but that are genuine and the only reason they were not included in the bible was that those men decided it was not a good idea at the time. Good example is the gospel of mary, in wich she explains her special relationship with jesus and the jelousy of the other diciples. I believe in God in something good, of wich I hope to be a part and that wich is my origin

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:47 am

honestly, i dont really read the Bible all that much but I still feel the love and him working in me from time to time until I let him down and repent, its a sad story but Im only a weak human.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHat
H€®Ø

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:06 am

2D4, people want to know everything. Can you see in the dark?
Thats why people are afraid of the dark. People dont know what the taliban are about, taliban doesnt know what christians/america is about. thats why were at battle. human nature wants us to rely on something, like a religion. id say thats bad and slows down evolution. think for yourself. listen to everyone and what they have to say even if you know its bullshit. (i have read every post with consideration, especially igits reason why hes religious, it made me lol btw)
wanna see some creepy shit?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:37 am

You got to have respect for someone's opinion or religion, if you think you deserve respect for yours .. Way to go igit, your relationship with god is yours alone and you have to explain yourself to no one but him

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:41 pm

hm... thanks 2D4, but one of the reasons church was created was for Christians to come together and worship God and get to know him more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:11 pm

Okay sure, and this church .. was it jesus his idea ? or apostle peter ? or maybe the roman empire ? hmm it matters .. cause as far as i know, jesus himself didn't have a church but a select few followers, maybe your relationship with god is rather personal ? and the churches sure made a bloody mess of things ..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:03 am

Jesus pretty much created the church when he died. When he died the curtain in the temple that separated the part of the temple that was too holy for people to go there on normally. After the curtain tore it made it so that anyone from any place could go there and have a relationship with God, essentially creating the church.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:45 am

I am unfamiliar with this story .. in my recollection he was crucified by his own people and very unpopular exept by a select few that believed in him to the end. Later that group grew and rome decided to sanctify him and make an idol out of their enemy, so they could own his followers, and they did, succesfully

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:22 pm

yeah thats true, but is that to say that there is no such thing as a good church?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carl
RR Pro

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:54 pm

IGIT, you brought up an excellent point about the Bible not being a book, but a library. The Bible contains poetry, psalms, historical writings, lawbooks, allegory, books of prophecies, and all kinds of genres. That's the key to interpreting scripture: The Bible is not a book, but a library. When you stumble into the poetry section of a library, you obviously don't expect these scriptures to be purely historical and/or empirical. On the other hand, you have certain sections where witnesses are clearly identified and names of places that actually existed are also identified. These are historical, and should be interpreted as such.

This is why I believe creationists are wrong in saying that all scripture should be interpreted to the letter. Genesis is an allegorical writing that explores the relationship between God and His creation, including human beings. In fact, the orthodox, historical interpretation of the Genesis creation story was one which recognised the use of poetic structure and figurative language. The literary parallelism in Chapter 1 is an obvious example.

There is a good documentary about this issue called 'Did Darwin kill God?' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEwrkjTbWgU

To TheHat, I understand what you mean, but to say that religion is a 'crutch for the week' or that religious people 'want a father figure' is a very old tactic that has been rejected by psychologists. In fact, many of the brightest thinkers in history were and are devout Christians: Kepler, Copernicus, Pascal, Boyle, Newton, Leibniz, Mendel, Faraday, Kelvin, Planck, Maxwell, Francis Collins (head of the Human Genome Project), etc. A Christian could simply turn around that tactic by saying that atheists are atheists because they don't want to have a father figure, or don't want to be accountable to anyone. That is the same excuse that is being employed here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHat
H€®Ø

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:21 pm

Carl, that makes sense and all but saying that the smartest people are religious, was true. Was. because 100 years ago no one believed in evolution. Im not an athiest, i highly disaprove of IQ, but im pretty sure athiests have 2 points higher than religious people. im not saying relegious people are weak. im saying everyones wants to be weak. everyones strong but who really wants to know that after death there is nothing?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here   

Back to top Go down

IS IT TRUE ? ~ Anything out of the ordinary ~ Post here
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robot Rage Survivors Forums :: News, Rules and Important Things :: Miscellaneous-
Jump to: