So I see..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:04 am

American_Girl & IGIT wrote:
Constructing this back will take one hell of a lot of work. It ain't going to happen in a click of the fingers... And with your hypothesis of hacking, tell Jork that.. He's ruined the game of many people... If you hate me, cool. Idc.

Well... let me give you my point of view on hacking. I am fine with hacking games... but only if that hacking does not give you an unfair advantage and even then I have a few exceptions.

Hacking points... well, that doesn't really give you an advantage but it does annoy other fair players that have tried hard to reach the point where they are at and then realize that they will never be "the best" unless they hack. That is one of the reasons why were so many hackers, the fair players saw that the only way to become "better" was to hack, so they did and the cycle went on. Showing a hacked bot praised in the highlights fro all to see could have a had a huge effect. It made the fair players either shy away from the game or look into hacking themselves, only the faithful continued to play.

Speaking of old times, I think I remember seeing you in East's old chat. I was just a new RR player at that time but I had still heard about you, I even remember the avatar you used that day. I think I remember you telling East that he shouldn't trust me, or that you didn't like me. lol, we had just met but I guess you made up your mind. BTW this was the avatar if im not mistaken

I don't hate you american girl or UK chick, I just had to get something of my chest and tell you personally how that felt to me, so you actually know. What you do with it is your buisniss. I know people make a lot of problems in games like these, it's not like you are special when you make life difficult for someone else on robot rage .. You ought to know I had many fights with wolfy and now I realize it was me actually responding to negativity that was the problem, you just can't change a person., if you are american girl than you didn't come here for nothing, right ? You have a reason, I hope that reason is to resolve the past and bring your skill to the table. So let go, and that goes for all of us, leggo ! and can you FINALLY answer my question : do you recall me ?

IgIt: Hacking ALWAYS gives you an 'unfair' advantage, the point is not to find faults with things and people because people and things and loaded with faults and no one is perfect. I do not agree with your perspective on hacking, with all respect, wich I have for you. In my experience, being one of the oldest RR players, hackers annoyed me .. sure but they never made me shy away from the game. actually it added an extra motivation, and the irritation made me play more battles. I never had the urge to hack in RR, I had a few tricks up my sleeve and I brought a bot with simple free weapons to +++++ ranking, and that is proof it's all about skill. Have no illusions please and listen, NOT a single player has ever left RR because they were fed up with the hackers, even if they claimed so. The real reason was and IS that you just can't get any battles , that the lobbysystem is horsecrap and no one likes waiting.

If you ask me, in all fairness, It seems to me AG hacked something and Jork also hacked something back even if it was for a so called noble cause therefore I would call this square / even. You guys, just don't make problems where we don't need them and hacking is not a problem. RR is down and we do not own it, THAT is a problem. RR needs you, needs your skillset so GET OVER IT lol. This is a game, do you know of any online game where people do not cheat ? The thing is, someone that cheats knows it and secretly he envies the fair player, always wondering if he would be strong enough to beat him if he played fair, so who has the real problem ? hint: not the fair player

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:22 am

Amen.

btw Guest ik what u did...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rrlobbychat.com
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:49 am

Ok I know how this sounds like I am saying hacking is a good thing, it's not but it is not the end of the world and I still love this game and all the silly people that play it

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RageTester
Chat Owner

PostSubject: Newton's 3rd law of action-reaction    Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:12 pm

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
This is why cheating causes more cheaters to appear and rude phrase sent in forums causes negatively stated answers...But some things just don't follow the law, AG didn't wait for reason to ban people she didn't like from old cgi-bin based chatrooms, that and her cheating/hacking left a scar that will never heal up. Of course I want the game to be fixed and bring fun to mass of people again, but AG is not much of a help here as she only tests beta versions of stuff, that is she ain't developing anything...
We know AG lives in New Jersey, US and this imposter had UK located IP, still we don't know real purpose of he/she pretending to be AG, of course she might be using proxy server to hide her real identity, but I think that's too much of extra actions just to visit a forum...or she might even be in UK to watch Olympics live What a Face (imagine gamer of the year watching real sports in foreign country)
Must agree with IGIT that hacking sometimes gives no advantage in combat, as you can only hack to get your character(robot in this case) better design, without affecting performance...
2D4 is also true as most of hacking though is done to gain unfair advantage...
Ok to finish my thought, Miniclip probably has no programmers of it's own, so it always hires other company to make games for it, unless Raketspel agrees to remake the game, Miniclip will not be able to bring it back, and if I get it right Raketspel disconnected main server when Miniclip contacted them(I am not 100% sure they did), this disconnection might be sign of total end or sing of coming update, but I still don't get why you have to disconnect the game just to update it, temporary storing file copies you are working at at other location would work better for sure...
I still don't lose my hopes the game will be back up for us to play, don't you dare to lower the nose as well, peace and unity!

Last edited by Distroyer2 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:01 pm

Well said Smile

I think, as little as I know about techy stuff, that miniclip killed the game because they did not want to host it and they wanted to make sure no one else did, anything you don't own is possible competition, maybe they were scared RR would revive again and make another gamesite rich.

I think we need the hackers right now, by that I mean all the people with the ability to hack and knowledge of this game. Everything else said about hacking is completely irrelevant ! RR is not online, there is no way to cheat Smile it is offline, so relax and let the past go.

If someone is not being honest about his identity for a bad reason, that is another case. I mean why would you mask yourself as AG and lie now ? Or maybe it is NooBFace trying to get even on us ? I doubt it .. I payed attention to the phrasing and choice of words and it appears to me this is a feisty and intelligent female of british origins. If you are trying to exact revenge or pull one on us I ask you why ? to what end ? RR is allready terminated. Does it have another chance ? maybe, if we make a plan. I also find it suspicious that AG doesn't answer my question - do you remember me - maybe she doesn't .. because she is not the person she presents herself to be (so, she won't be able to catch up for old times sake Smile )

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:30 pm

What I meant is I think hacking is ok as long as it doesn't give an unfair advantage to other actual human beings. If it was a single player experience hacking would only give you an advantage over AI's and such, it's no fun that way but I don't see it as "bad". Also note at the end of my other message "only the faithful continued to play." that was talking about you 2D4 Wink I supose I should have added "fairly" at the end.. oh well Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:47 am

Yeah well I feel more than honored, I feel venerated .. but .. even though I have never been tempted to cheat in RR , my hands are not as clean as they may look. Well, I have my own point of view on this matter anyway and I think it's more important that people respect eachother and eachothers differences than to have every single person agree with one another necessarily. So if someone needs to hack, sure ,, go ahead just as long as they can live with the consequences (knowing you are too weak to earn anything the fair way, being unpopular and resented on every forum you go, having all your unfair hacked stuff and scores chopped to pieces by people that like to punish cheaters, losing your account and and getting an IP ban for life)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
American_Girl
Sea Scumb

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:15 am

Distroyer, I use proxies mainly because I got a virus a couple of weeks ago on my computer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:33 pm

AMERICAN GIRL DO YOU REMEMBER ME ???????????????

Back to top Go down
View user profile
American_Girl
Sea Scumb

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:16 pm

Maybe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juke (RR Developer)
Sea Scumb

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:09 pm

GUYS and girls. About robot rage. You are talking like you think robot rage is some free open source software. NO its not! I have been working on this game and mark my words. "You dont own a single pixel of this game". i dont own it, you dont own it, miniclip doesnt own it. RAKETSPEL does, and they cant sell it or give it away AGAIN. No1, i repeat no1 will ever play this game because. 1st jork used it on his website without permission (you should know who it was by now. otherwise i wont mention any names). 2nd peopl made me angry enough to wanna bring robot rage to an end. 3rd these "peoples" havnt even appologized yet. 4th if robot rage would get back up i can hardly belive miniclip would like u playing it since ur banned from their forums jork. Just because of arguing like this. im not saying this as critism against you jork, or any1 in this case. I just want you people to: 1st stop talking like you think its gona be up the next day. 3rd stop talking like you own this game. 3rd stop talking about whos fault it is for hacking and all this you ALL and i repaeat you ALL (of the hackers not you 2d4 snd maybe IGIT too) has caused this. now i dont know this story correct i sure you do more but that is irrelevant now. By now i think you should now that... I AM A DEVELOPER OF THIS GAME! Believe it or dont believe it. You already had the actions of what happens when you mess with them right dist? remember? you called me fun ruiner that day. i am not gona try prooving that i am a developer. but i see this as "my" game not that i "own" it. But I see it as my creation, like a child, and im not gona let it get raped by some pople who thinks they own it. Now i think i made my point clear here. remember this, i dont think i own it either. I just think that you shouldnt try stealing it because i dont want my creations handed over to some robot rage fans! BTW im not signing any autograpghs paints. but you wouldnt be able to paint a robot in any case so Wink. I may reply some more if you have more question regarding this. afro Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.raketspel.se
Juke (RR Developer)
Sea Scumb

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:18 pm

blablablabla lalalalala yes uhhm.... Ag is that you ?

Guest I know you cheated on me...
Back to top Go down
Juke (RR Developer)
Sea Scumb

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:18 pm

i dont know if you remember me Embarassed

Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Hey Juke! I was wondering where you've been. I missed seeing you in rrlobby chat. BTW would you happen to have any more information on RR's current status?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:20 pm

No one was stealing anything, giving people the chance to just play the game, mind my next words "for free". I didn't ask you to pay me for playing the game which I did not create, never claimed that I made it.

You can say whatever you want, I simply do not care about you. Of course living in Sweden has made you blind, the world doesn't revolve around you...

Back to top Go down
Juke (RR Developer)
Sea Scumb

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:31 pm

Oh but it doesnt revolve in you either my latvian friend. Well igit the further develpoment, im not authriozed to give any informtaiotn even if i had sry

Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:14 pm

Juke (RR Developer) wrote:
GUYS and girls. About robot rage. You are talking like you think robot rage is some free open source software. NO its not! I have been working on this game and mark my words. "You dont own a single pixel of this game". i dont own it, you dont own it, miniclip doesnt own it. RAKETSPEL does, and they cant sell it or give it away AGAIN. No1, i repeat no1 will ever play this game because. 1st jork used it on his website without permission (you should know who it was by now. otherwise i wont mention any names). 2nd peopl made me angry enough to wanna bring robot rage to an end. 3rd these "peoples" havnt even appologized yet. 4th if robot rage would get back up i can hardly belive miniclip would like u playing it since ur banned from their forums jork. Just because of arguing like this. im not saying this as critism against you jork, or any1 in this case. I just want you people to: 1st stop talking like you think its gona be up the next day. 3rd stop talking like you own this game. 3rd stop talking about whos fault it is for hacking and all this you ALL and i repaeat you ALL (of the hackers not you 2d4 snd maybe IGIT too) has caused this. now i dont know this story correct i sure you do more but that is irrelevant now. By now i think you should now that... I AM A DEVELOPER OF THIS GAME! Believe it or dont believe it. You already had the actions of what happens when you mess with them right dist? remember? you called me fun ruiner that day. i am not gona try prooving that i am a developer. but i see this as "my" game not that i "own" it. But I see it as my creation, like a child, and im not gona let it get raped by some pople who thinks they own it. Now i think i made my point clear here. remember this, i dont think i own it either. I just think that you shouldnt try stealing it because i dont want my creations handed over to some robot rage fans! BTW im not signing any autograpghs paints. but you wouldnt be able to paint a robot in any case so Wink. I may reply some more if you have more question regarding this. afro Like a Star @ heaven

As much as this critisism wasn't directed towards me, I feel there are many things wrong with this message. First of all, I don't know you, no one ever mentioned you and why didn't you join this forum sooner if you really care about this game ? wich brings me to my next point: it appears to me you are actually glad this FREE (not open source) game has been terminated, that seems strange to me, considdering that you (?) designed this game you say ? Are you actually enjoying the fact we can't play it now because Jork build a version with a chat without permission ? You don't realise it takes a true fan to do that and did he ever get payed for his labour (no, but you did) You totally sound like you feel much wrong has been done to you and you are entitled to execute vengeance .. where do you get this ridiculous idea ? who here has ever done you wrong ? You know very well that all online games involve hacking, I literally mean ALL games and they only become more popular, they hardly ever die from that. And in this case, since our beloved game has been taken offline (without informing us mind you !) I do feel it was within our right to plot a way to get it back up again, that was all we intended: to be able to play RR again, not to own it or to "rape" it, our intentions were good , can you say the same ? you may pop up suddenly and act like a martyr but what are you really willing to do for RR and for us ? I have no need for someone to make me feel quilty for stuff i didn't do, so wave your finger at someone else. You know what I think ? I think Raketspel, Miniclip and YOU have been seriously lacking in letting this RR community know what to expect about RR. I am glad you decided to drop a line (be it not a lifeline) so, you are welcome but don't start bashing people here , kindly please, thank you

Back to top Go down
View user profile
American_Girl
Sea Scumb

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:36 pm

Let me just get this straight. I partly agree with 2D4. Their intentions were good. Nevertheless, what they did was illegal and there was every right to take the game down. But once again, Jork (Grudgingly) did well by hosting the website and trying to revive the game. We can only wait for the future to come and only then will we know if the game is back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Okay, I never considered they would actually take the game offline because someone did something 'illigal' to it, like hosting it. I don't mean that in a condescending way, I really did not. I always believed they had forgotten this game and it somehow mysteriously remained online and hosted by a supernatural power. (I asked a lot of questions about this some time ago in this forum, and everyone claimed they had no idea who kept RR online, Marc even pinged an IP to find out and I wrote a letter to that company that was never replied) in that sense I have to agree with American Girl but I have a hard time believing that THIS was the reason RR was taken down ..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Juke (RR Developer) wrote:
4th if robot rage would get back up i can hardly belive miniclip would like u playing it since ur banned from their forums jork.

I may seem banned from forums, but not from miniclip, and I don't see why miniclip would even care about 1 person that much.

2D4 wrote:
Okay, I never considered they would actually take the game offline because someone did something 'illigal' to it, like hosting it. I don't mean that in a condescending way, I really did not. I always believed they had forgotten this game and it somehow mysteriously remained online and hosted by a supernatural power. (I asked a lot of questions about this some time ago in this forum, and everyone claimed they had no idea who kept RR online, Marc even pinged an IP to find out and I wrote a letter to that company that was never replied) in that sense I have to agree with American Girl but I have a hard time believing that THIS was the reason RR was taken down ..

Sure wasn't, vairus.do.sapo.pt was hosted all along RR long time ago.

Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:45 pm

The only reason I can see of Miniclip ,or whoever it really was, taking RR down was to fix it up and hope to get some money off of it again. Better then looking for a new game or creating one from scratch, eh? Interestingly enough that's exactly what we have been facing, looking for a new game or creating a new game from scratch. We (at least not I) have no power to bring RR back, but Miniclip does. It just wouldn't make sense for them to take the only thing we hold dearly from us when there was only like 10 people that even knew about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Well, my counter shows that by average 70 unique visitors come to rrlobbychat every day, 20% are returning visitors. So, those were not just 10 people.

Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:34 pm

Robot Rage game files have been hosted on other websites long before we started to on our Robot Rage Lobby Chat, we wanted to keep playing and give others way to do so, after miniclip2.shockplay.com got disconnected game could be only loaded from our website...
We never tried to earn money, and even though our hosting was illegal I don't think it's the reason game got shut down...I guess Raketspel finally noticed they still hosted it and no longer wanted to pay for the bandwidth server had, hopefully game will be improved and hosted again, when they understand they can make profit of it again...
And Juke, according to your age you went to kindergarden when game was being developed, I would like to see you developing Robot Rage at that age...
P.S I know you are mad at me for de-ownering you Juke pirat

Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:46 pm

hmmm yeah good thinking .. (the stuff above) I agree and was also thinking that if our 'illigal' hosting was the problem than why did you not post something or warn us earlier Juke ? or why didn't miniclip or raketspel contact us to tell us we have to shut it down ? Did we ever hear from any of you ? no .. now that the game is down after years of our efforts to keep it alive you come here to tell us we murdered it ? that is bitter .. and also really late ..

I think that distroyer and IGIT are right, maybe they are working on a new version, I would love that ! and so would everyone here, so why the hostility ? Instead of treating us like criminals the people that are building it should ask us for our advice, we know a lot about the game and have great ideas for improvement. I hope you are reading this juke

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juke (RR Developer)
Sea Scumb

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:58 am

Ahh you know im mad at you distroyer2. and 2D4 wtf i didnt say anything against you or any1! But if it was so good that jork hosted it longer why did the company remove it then? Why did they remove it completly? I didnt want this to happen either. but why did they do it if it was OK. maybe for you it was ok, but not for the company. i dont really care that u have it on your site jork. you cant edit it without the source code. you may be able to edit some picture like u showed me dist. but that is irrelevant to me. but when u drive me mad i feel like this was a good choice. Who knows they might bring robot rage up again. maybe it becomes as big as it once was again. but whatever they do with it....................... "Dont try to host it". it may lead to sues. now heres your warning very late tough. but why would i wanna warn you (now im not talking to every1) if u drive me mad! pirat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I see..   

Back to top Go down

So I see..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robot Rage Survivors Forums :: Robot Rage :: Robot Rage - General Talk-
Jump to: