Share | 

RobotRage BETA Test

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
BEASTY
The Creator

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:28 am

tell silent bay to give it a retry and start over hah. same stuff RR had just give it a new theme and needed changes.

Thanks IGIT <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rrsurvivors.forumclan.com
Juke (RR Developer)
Sea Scumb

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:08 am

Ok I TOTALLY agree on the fact that this game should not be called robot rage. It loads fine for me however but i cant get challengers though so i havnt tried it yet.

Guest I know you cheated on me...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.raketspel.se
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Try single player...

btw Guest ik what u did...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rrlobbychat.com
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:45 pm

Good idea let's sign up to that forum. I just realised one thing .. If we asume they messed this game up because they were cautious not to make it look like the real RR due to copyright infringement, howcome they can still call it RR3 ? so perhaps they do own the rights, and we should talk to them, not raketspel ?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:49 pm

Hmm, sounds about right.

Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:17 pm

Of course I don't jump up in joy seeing beta version too, but they made that in just couple of days, I believe silent bay can make a good game, I just hope they add robot painting option and deal with the lag somehow...

Edit: just tested another game by silentbay studios, loading screen had very similar design, hope they can find inner strength to design something new...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:42 pm

I wouldn't mind suing silentbay for such a disgrace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:30 pm

I think distroyer might be right, they look like they have the knowledge to make a decent game, question is, will they ? lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carl
RR Pro

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:36 am

Back. Smile Don't be so negative on their forums, though, at least now we have a chance for revival. I would suggest we recommend features without sounding too critical of or antagonistic toward their work.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RageTester
Chat Owner

PostSubject: Suggestion list   Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:28 pm

I believe missmorris has some connection with Miniclip so I thought we might send our ideas to him, but he doesn't seem to be ever online, so I wonder if there are any other people that might be link in the chain between us and Silentbay studios?

Here's the message I would like Silentbay to receive...

""
To: missmorris
Posted: Yesterday at 7:48 pm
Subject: Robot Rage 3

Please notice we are not satisfied with what silentbay is currently making, is there copyright issue that doesn't allow them to make Robot Rage more like what Raketspel made earlier?
Being able to paint your robot was such a cool option and for some of players(good painters) was even main reason to play the game...
The only good things about the new game silentbay are making so far are solved connection problems and up to 4 player mode...
However some kind of lobby is needed so we can see other online players and their robots so we can decide if we want to play versus them or not (if they have much better weapon combo for example)

Also I hope robots will not have only hammer type weapons in this version of the game...
Robots being flippable on sides or even roof isn't too bad, but should only happen if robot get's hit from the side at high speed...
Chassi 2 chassi collisions should cause minimal damage to both players, in current beta version such collision cause no damage at all.

I would also appreciate if game controls were as much similar as the ones Robot Rage had b4, that is camera could be changed by keys 1,2,3 ; weapons could be controlled by keys z,x,c ; and special weapons that were rear-view camera and spy-cam could be activated by b,v keys, later spy cam if this game would have one could be zoomed in and out by n and m keys...
Also turning should be possible without accelerating, that is robot would turn if you only press right or left arrow key without having to hold front or back arrow key at once...

Hope you really are able to change something as MC staff, please inform silentbay so they know what kind of game we love and want to play again, feel free to ask us about new weapon design and other kind ideas, this forum members are ready to help!
""

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRON
RR Beginner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:27 pm

^^I think they looking for suggestions on their forum
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:58 pm

Q -
Back. Smile Don't be so negative on their forums, though, at least now we have a chance for revival. I would suggest we recommend features without sounding too critical of or antagonistic toward their work. - Q Carl

Yes, but at the same time we have to say what we really think. Remember a few things: We still know nothing, not who owns the rights to RR, not who has plans or not, not who and why took the RR that was still online down and no one has ever cared to openly ask us anything or let us know what is going on. It seems to me like those people either do not know we exist or are just not impressed by this fan base

Q -
I believe missmorris has some connection with Miniclip so I thought we might send our ideas to him, but he doesn't seem to be ever online, so I wonder if there are any other people that might be link in the chain between us and Silentbay studios? - Q Distroyer

I think it's a girl .. MISS morris.

(Rest of the message) Your ideas are very good, and as you say correctly: we need to know who to get in touch with, right know it seems we do not have any idea

Q -
^^I think they looking for suggestions on their forum - Q TRON

Can you give us the link to that forum please ? so we can see it for ourselves. Why do they not post something here ? or maybe they don't know we exist ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If someone can get me the phonenumber and adres of Silentbay Studios, I can give them a call too sometime, why not

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:39 pm

TRON wrote:
^^I think they looking for suggestions on their forum

Yeah...nice changing the page title btw. My question remains.

Back to top Go down
RageTester
Chat Owner

PostSubject: Ok I e-mailed Silentaby with this   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:44 am

I believe I still missed loads of things, but hope it will be a good start, message inside spoiler...
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:07 am

Very good

maybe a summary - message should be made to copy by all of us and send their way ? Just an idea. A shorter version, of the main things we want to say and to catch their attention.

Can you post a link to the forum of Silentbay or an adres where you are going to send this ? If you can even find a telephone number and postal adres that would be great ! I will call them if I get the chance.

Doesn't the spoiler look better ? thanks igit

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RageTester
Chat Owner

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:10 am

I already e-mailed them, eh, well no one says we can't e-mail them more then once, I hope they will answer sometime soon, but now I am off to have some sleep...

Here's their contact info:

Silent Bay Studios s.n.c.

Lungobisagno Dalmazia, 71/13

16141 Genova (GE)

ITALIA

Tel: +39 010 8595965
Fax:+39 010 8597408

For any kind of information,
please call us or write to
the following e-mail address:

info@silentbaystudios.com

Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:16 am

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BEASTY
The Creator

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:25 am

good on informing them about the changes that need to be done and needed things. im sure if they see there feed back all points toward the idea that it needs to be like the old rr then they will take the time and change it. i still have hope for it. Very Happy

Thanks IGIT <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rrsurvivors.forumclan.com
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:05 am

I do too but the fact that we don't know who we are dealing with and that "they" have never ever been in contact with us, is not a good sign. It allmost feels like we are dealing with aliens or something

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:05 pm

Very nice, Distroyer!

I would also like to suggest upgraded weapons... such as razors disc can be upgraded to 30 with less damage for 100 credits (this would be effective for the razors on wall trick that 2D4 is famous for), or 10 with more damage for 100 credits, upgrades with no downsides would cost a lot more, for instance 30 disc with the same damage would be 200 credits, and if they wanted 30 with more damage it could easily go to 300 credits. Of course there must be a limit to all of these instances (you can't have 1000 discs with 500 damage each of course.

Another way to upgrade might be like this, normal razor discs with normal damage cost 200 credits with 20 ammo. To add ammo it would get more expensive each time, +1 ammo = +10 credits, +2 ammo = +20 credits, +5 ammo = +50 credits, etc. This would mean the total cost of having 30 ammo would be 750 credits with the same damage given for each one. Weapons like spear-gun would probably only be upgradable by damage given. Maybe stuff like the claw could grab longer and for a higher price could deal damage via electric current the longer the opponent is held. Of course something like that should not be something easily obtained, that could easily cost 3000+ credits. That would be for the very serious players.

For the not so serious players, you could upgrade how fast the power-ax hits, or how much damage the dagger gives, or how well the plow reflects damage. These would also gain in credits according to how well they work, because these could all be very effective if upgraded to a certain level.

To distinguish regular weapons to higher grade weapons there could be a slight graphic change, or maybe just an alert when clicking on the robot in the lobby.

I'm excited just thinking of all the new strategies and possibilities this could bring... Razz

FREAKIN WHEELS WITH 1000 GRIP SO YOU CAN CRAWL OFF THE SIDE OF THE ARENA ONTO THE WALLS AND HAVE A STEALTH ATTACK AND DRAG THEM TO THEIR DOOMS! Unfortunately this would take a ton of battery! Fortunately you can upgrade your battery! Unfortunately this will cost a lot! Fortunately there will be lots of tournament battles and pj contest that give a lot of credits to the winners! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

MOAR SUGGESTIONS!!!:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:55 pm

The spoiler looks so much better !

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:14 am

Do you mean the suggestions sound better or the spoiler in itself just looks better?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:39 am

The spoiler

but the suggestions are fine too

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:04 am

The poison glue was already there, it's glue filled with nails. When you sit in it you get damage and trying to get out you waste your battery.

Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:15 am

Oh cool, I never thought of that... But this would be more heavy duty :p I know the ideas are far out there, but I just was day dreaming. If only if only...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RobotRage BETA Test   

Back to top Go down

RobotRage BETA Test
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robot Rage Survivors Forums :: Robot Rage 3-
Jump to: