robot rage survivors rr2 rearmed
 
HomeRR ChatMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Why ? - Question for Totebo -

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
avatar

Posts : 3440

PostSubject: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Hello Totebo

I have one question on my mind and I would like a straight foreward answer please because as die hard fans of this game we waited a long time ! Why is the old / original version of Robot Rage not used as a basis for the new RR you guys released ? I just want to know. Was it a technical problem, copyrights ? or did you decide this version was no good for some other reason ? or maybe you just felt like making something new Smile ? Anyways, I really want to know and so do 555 other people on this forum, so please, tell us, so we can have some peace and bury our beloved. Our very own real RR

Ps . This is a serious question. I also sent this to your PM box, to make sure you can't miss it

Thank you




Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint
avatar

Posts : 2530

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:42 pm

I second these questions!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
avatar

Posts : 3440

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:31 pm

I just recieved a reply by PM from totebo, I did not want to keep this from you guys, if this message is private I will have it removed later. So with pending conscent








Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
avatar

Posts : 3440

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:54 pm




SUMMARY, A lot of kindness but NO answers !

.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=55&u=15350125][/url]




Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoMercI
RR Novice
avatar

Posts : 233

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Haha so far for the "private" in private message. or did he give permission yet?


~NM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
avatar

Posts : 3440

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:55 pm

NoMercI wrote:
Haha so far for the "private" in private message. or did he give permission yet?

Approval pending, Smile

Read my first post




Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
avatar

Posts : 3440

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:01 am

Dear totebo,

I have been giving it some thought

I feel we deserve a normal explanation (about my question, why you did not use the original RR game to make the new one) As long time hardcore fans of this game you owe it to us. This is just a question, not a way to make any judgement about the current game. I do thank you for joining us and keeping in touch with us.


Yours,

2D4




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
avatar

Posts : 432

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:17 am

2D4 wrote:



SUMMARY, A lot of kindness but NO answers !


+1 Im soo over people speaking like politicians all the time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
avatar

Posts : 3440

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:19 pm

I'm not over him yet, but I will be Smile if I have to repeat myself 3 times




Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint
avatar

Posts : 2530

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:02 pm

Well he basically said they are going to make it like RR but are going to put the rest in later, and the are adding crap like power-ups and pickup items...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
avatar

Posts : 3440

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:26 pm

butif you read his first answer to me you see that he also says it will never be - an exact copy of the old game - If you ask me it will not even be close

but this topic is just about - 1 - question, WHY. not answered

yet




Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint
avatar

Posts : 2530

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:37 pm

True... I believe that they are blind to the fact that these updates are downdates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoMercI
RR Novice
avatar

Posts : 233

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:02 am

Yea I don't get why game studios of today don't understand that more doesn't always mean better. Too many novelties can ruin a once great game. there are a lot of examples (e.g. the CoD series, NFS, Pokemon etc.) in wich the originals were better than th follow-ups. This rule especially counts for classics. If you make a sequel but start again from scratch chances are you will ruin it entirely.

In this case the creators only took the original game as a concept instead of a model and gave their own twist to it. This can work if the original game was a bad/mediocre game with a good concept but bad execution. However this strategy does NOT work with classic games that were already great because you will ruin the game mechanics and the gameplay wich made the game as succesfull as it was.

What we end up with now is a okay game with a few resemblances to a once epic game. But it just can't deliver. And this is because RR3 is not a bad game but the fact is, It carries the same name as it's predeccesor and thats just a huge burden. What happened is that the bar is very high for the makers of the current RR and thay just can't live up to that

I also think it's too late now to make them see that the original was better as they are too deep in this concept now. Put yourself in the shoes of one of the game developers.. You worked really hard on creating this game and of course you are proud of the work you created. I don't think you want to throw away all the work you've done so far and do it all over.

We can try to bend the state of the gam more towards our RR but we just have to accept that this game cannot an will not ever be as great as the game we all love.

Sorry for the long post i understand if you refuse to read it xD it's just the vision i have about RR3 in one post.






~NM


Last edited by NoMercI on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung
avatar

Posts : 2047

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:09 am

It's true, but they chose this path, they ignored us for months after showing the closed beta, of course they ended up like this since they didn't listen to what we had to say back then.




btw Guest ik what u did...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rrlobbychat.com
-Max
RR Novice
avatar

Posts : 276

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:39 am

This is the reason why RR3 will die. Real RR fans won't play this fake version of Robot Rage


Move your mouse off my signature!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
avatar

Posts : 3440

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:42 am

NoMerci Jork and MAX

I would have to quote you ALL because you say it like I could not say it better myself ! (see three last messages) I hope they read this too, it will have to make sense somehow. I have to say, I also feel bad when I see my own negativity as talk down on the new game and how that must feel to the people that are making it and have put so much work and effort into it, but I feel even worse for myself Smile having sent so many suggestions, messages and hints BEFORE the game was made, and no one cared to listen, after all this waiting it would have made me so happy to play the Robot Rage I love, with a few exiting upgrades, as we all know, that did not happen, such is life




Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Max
RR Novice
avatar

Posts : 276

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:46 am

We've been waiting so long to play that amazing game, it is such a shame to be so negative about that new version since they worked hard to make it but, they made 2 big mistake and you said it before: They didn't take the old RR as a Base. They didn't ask what players really wanted.

Also, if they are planning to make this game a "Pay to win&XP" game, it'll also die if it's not as good as the old RR was. They've got a huge challenge but I support the dev team.



Move your mouse off my signature!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
avatar

Posts : 432

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:30 am

it is very clear that their #1 main drive is profits(its only natural) but due to our understanding of how the old game was it is even clearer to us.

doesnt look like they will add features we want later (only things not as important like highscore, but who cares about highscore without all the other features!)

i think our best hope is to just run the old RR on a private server
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoMercI
RR Novice
avatar

Posts : 233

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:57 am

2D4 wrote:
NoMerci Jork and MAX

I would have to quote you ALL because you say it like I could not say it better myself ! (see three last messages) I hope they read this too, it will have to make sense somehow. I have to say, I also feel bad when I see my own negativity as talk down on the new game and how that must feel to the people that are making it and have put so much work and effort into it, but I feel even worse for myself Smile having sent so many suggestions, messages and hints BEFORE the game was made, and no one cared to listen, after all this waiting it would have made me so happy to play the Robot Rage I love, with a few exiting upgrades, as we all know, that did not happen, such is life

You shouln't feel bad about criticizing a game. Thats what hardcore players do and thats what makes games better. Nothing improves a game better than direct feedback from the communty. As long as you don't burn the game into ashes (unless the game is truely awefull wich it isn't) and you give credit where credit is due. But the fact that so many people here have critique about this game and i think its because of two reasons:

- We are the few people who actually played the original game. I think at least 60-70% of the players (hard to tell since there is no lobby so i have no clue what the avarage amount of online players is) never or barely played the original game. The people who don't know about the excistance of RR2 see this game as a standalone and won't have anyting to compare it with but we see it as a follow-up so we have standards.

- The other reason why there is so much critique is because they used the we-create-and-you-play style. What i mean by this is that they made the game in a way only they taught was good. without getting feedback from people who are already fammiliar with the game or at least peopl from outside. I think this was a very stupid move since there is an entire community desparatly willing to help build an amazing game. They didn't make use of us and and thats a real shame. They should have built the game alongside the communy instead of for the communty.

I think this game is a nice pasttime but i don't see me playing this game up and till the late hours. In my opinion we should focus on getting OUR RR back. This game just doen't have it..


~NM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Max
RR Novice
avatar

Posts : 276

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:42 pm

Sha0linFists wrote:
i think our best hope is to just run the old RR on a private server

That's what I think.


Move your mouse off my signature!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire
avatar

Posts : 3440

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:49 pm

NoMercI wrote:
2D4 wrote:
NoMerci Jork and MAX

I would have to quote you ALL because you say it like I could not say it better myself ! (see three last messages) I hope they read this too, it will have to make sense somehow. I have to say, I also feel bad when I see my own negativity as talk down on the new game and how that must feel to the people that are making it and have put so much work and effort into it, but I feel even worse for myself Smile having sent so many suggestions, messages and hints BEFORE the game was made, and no one cared to listen, after all this waiting it would have made me so happy to play the Robot Rage I love, with a few exiting upgrades, as we all know, that did not happen, such is life

You shouln't feel bad about criticizing a game. Thats what hardcore players do and thats what makes games better. Nothing improves a game better than direct feedback from the communty. As long as you don't burn the game into ashes (unless the game is truely awefull wich it isn't) and you give credit where credit is due. But the fact that so many people here have critique about this game and i think its because of two reasons:

- We are the few people who actually played the original game. I think at least 60-70% of the players (hard to tell since there is no lobby so i have no clue what the avarage amount of online players is) never or barely played the original game. The people who don't know about the excistance of RR2 see this game as a standalone and won't have anyting to compare it with but we see it as a follow-up so we have standards.

- The other reason why there is so much critique is because they used the we-create-and-you-play style. What i mean by this is that they made the game in a way only they taught was good. without getting feedback from people who are already fammiliar with the game or at least peopl from outside. I think this was a very stupid move since there is an entire community desparatly willing to help build an amazing game. They didn't make use of us and and thats a real shame. They should have built the game alongside the communy instead of for the communty.

I think this game is a nice pasttime but i don't see me playing this game up and till the late hours. In my opinion we should focus on getting OUR RR back. This game just doen't have it..

Thank you NoMerci, all you guys, a little comfort is to know we all feel the same about all of this and should be able to stand united on it. That has not always been the same Smile !! I remember many fights over petty things. I hope we will be able to revive on our own.




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
avatar

Posts : 432

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:47 am

Ye i find it funny how we all want the same thing. there isn't really much division between for forum about what we want to see changed/implemented.



Sig made by IGIT. Thanks Smile

COSMO NUTS BABY!!!

Guest = 6e 6f 6f 62
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Max
RR Novice
avatar

Posts : 276

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:16 am

Sha0linFists wrote:
Ye i find it funny how we all want the same thing. there isn't really much division between for forum about what we want to see changed/implemented.

Totally right, we all want the same thing. The whole RR community want the same thing.


Move your mouse off my signature!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RageTester
Chat Owner
avatar

Posts : 361

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:28 am

Nor Silentbay nor Miniclip ever listens to us, so why not use Raketspel as game makers and some other game site for hosting and advertising...


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod
avatar

Posts : 432

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:21 pm

2D4 i have searched for Totebo's email and have had no luck finding it. can you hook me up? ty



Sig made by IGIT. Thanks Smile

COSMO NUTS BABY!!!

Guest = 6e 6f 6f 62
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    

Back to top Go down
 
Why ? - Question for Totebo -
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robot Rage Survivors Forums :: Robot Rage 3-
Jump to: