Share | 

Why ? - Question for Totebo -

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:58 pm

I used PM (private message) inside this forum, it's under members. Offcourse, email is always difficult with persons in high positions

Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:02 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:07 am

2D4 wrote:
I used PM (private message) inside this forum, it's under members. Offcourse, email is always difficult with persons in high positions

oh thanks, i was unaware from your 1st post that it was in forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:57 pm

New reply

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:13 pm

..."flamethrower turret", what lol?

btw Guest ik what u did...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rrlobbychat.com
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:15 pm

+1 maybe he told a little lie

Sig made by IGIT. Thanks Smile

COSMO NUTS BABY!!!

Guest = 6e 6f 6f 62
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:25 pm

But what he is saying is pretty true... games have degenerated along with this generation's willingness to learn a complex game by experience, they just want to jump in and "have fun" although these games are not fun at all for people like us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:21 pm

Damn degeneration!
I still want to use my brain while playing something!

Back to top Go down
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:00 pm

I wonder if it is just us (the old generation lol)that say this new game sucks and we like the old one better, I wonder ... I really (really) think the ONLY reason for the decline of RR was: you could not get a game. Sometimes had to wait for 1 hour for one game. No one born in this age likes that. Also, stupid rule that deletes your robot after short time, very silly, set it to 6 months. Hackers ? well no one really cared about then hackers, I didn't. I did not quit playing because some people played unfair.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:02 pm

new message from totebo

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:08 pm

Great response 2D4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:09 pm

Thank you Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:06 am

i couldn't disagree more about people wanting simpler games. look at consoles, the games are getting more complex/realistic with the growth of technology.

Sig made by IGIT. Thanks Smile

COSMO NUTS BABY!!!

Guest = 6e 6f 6f 62
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:34 am

2D4 wrote:
New reply

His ideas about removing confusing stuff also leaves me confused .. I do like that the new RR3 battles load and start fast. That is a keeper, but we need ALL the previous features back

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoMercI
RR Novice

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:00 pm

Nice 2D! This are the approaches we are looking for. I think that the removing confusing stuff thing is rediculous aswell. If you do it like that the game will become easier and that means less tactics. And wtf was so hard abour RR2? I can't recall any confusiong options and controls. Arrow keys = move zxc=attack. you have to be a complete retard if you can't understand that.

If you simplify a game the game becomes easy to learn but you can't get really good at it because there arent a lot of different things you can adjust. What happens then is that the game is mostly luck-based rather than skill-based. A truely good game is easy to learn but difficult to master.

~NM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shaolin_Fists
Killah Mod

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:54 pm

2D4 wrote:

His ideas about removing confusing stuff also leaves me confused .. I do like that the new RR3 battles load and start fast. That is a keeper, but we need ALL the previous features back

using zxc controls is very confusing for the new generation of players. In all seriousness, the controls are now more complex with the new power ups(1,2,3,4 keys).[/quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:40 pm

NoMercI wrote:
Nice 2D! This are the approaches we are looking for. I think that the removing confusing stuff thing is rediculous aswell. If you do it like that the game will become easier and that means less tactics. And wtf was so hard abour RR2? I can't recall any confusiong options and controls. Arrow keys = move zxc=attack. you have to be a complete retard if you can't understand that.

If you simplify a game the game becomes easy to learn but you can't get really good at it because there arent a lot of different things you can adjust. What happens then is that the game is mostly luck-based rather than skill-based. A truely good game is easy to learn but difficult to master.

Sha0linFists wrote:
2D4 wrote:

using zxc controls is very confusing for the new generation of players. In all seriousness, the controls are now more complex with the new power ups(1,2,3,4 keys).
[/quote]

well a difference was also that the 3 keys were explained in the game, I seem to remember that it was possible to change the function of the z key by placing parts inside the bot in another sequence, and the battle window displayed what keys did what. So actually, yes, it was very clear and simple. I can't say the same about RR3, the robot attacked me and I was like: ahhhhh let's press EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW , including self destruct from pure frustration.

So you are telling me they added even more keys ? They took the powerups from Need for speed world, and yes it works there but somehow even the keys we have in RR3 are allready confusing

Hold on for more news Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:42 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:42 pm

They should have never used 1,2,3 keys, everyone knows they were used to change views in the real RR...

Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Sha0linFists wrote:
i couldn't disagree more about people wanting simpler games. look at consoles, the games are getting more complex/realistic with the growth of technology.
The technology increases and they do get more realistic, but look at games like the Legend of Zelda... they have gotten more complex but they are also a lot easier then they once were.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoMercI
RR Novice

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:02 pm

But what happens by making games easier is, is that the game becomes less addictive and is just a nice sparetime for a while. Thats why RR3 will never grow as large as an community as our RR

~NM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:07 pm

I agree, but there are many who do not. That is why they have decided to make RR3 a simple game for simple gamers. At this rate, it will never be a hardcore gamer game, just a casual gamer game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:22 am

Okay

In all fairness I have a confession to make, I played RR3 again .. and I actually kinda liked it Sad So I owe and apology to totebo for being so negative.

I do not take back the other things I said though, they are ALL true, RR is still way better than RR3 and it probably always will be. The best thing in RR when you think about it was the painting option, makes it so much more into a personal experience and offcourse your own name.

Good things about RR3 I haven't mentioned are, game loads fast and .. you always have a game !! something RR failed to do. But if you make a lobby where ONLY the people appear you are connectable to, instead of fences and walls you can choose opponents and keep the option to let game choose for you Smile like you have the option to repair or just battle.

There are still many things wrong with this beta tho, some bots just don't lose armor, no matter what, machinegun does too little damage, when my opponent fall of roof I always draw or lose, I don't get all the cash I pick up on the roof, etc etc, maybe I will make a list of that later,

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoMercI
RR Novice

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:29 am

Why would't you like it? its an okay game. though glitchy at times in can bring you 30 minutes of fun. But of course its nothing in comparison with RR ofcourse. We have been all over this already nothing new to be said. They used a different foundation in this game and now they try to add features of our RR into this one. But it was the foundation we liked about RR so ya.. Nothing new really.

~NM

Last edited by NoMercI on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Why ? - Question for Totebo -    Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:50 am

You are right

Thanks for setting my mind straight

by the way, could RR3 allready been hacked ? I met a few undefeatable bots

Back to top Go down
View user profile