Share | 

Worth a Mention

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:55 pm

Just want to mention that finding a place to eat in Bolivia that does not focus mainly on chicken is nearly impossible. Here in Bolivia, chicken is king. In fact, we have a place here called 'Pollo Campeon' meaning 'champion chicken'. The place has 50 people constantly in line throughout their whole serving hours. Unfortunately for me, I'm not too fond of chicken. Does your country have any specific food that is served nearly everywhere?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:28 am

Nothing comes in my mind really, I'm pretty sure that if someone did a research on this one product would definitely be on top. What comes in my mind though...those fast food diners or whatever they are called, the 1st ever McDonald's was built in my city last year...very lucky for it, town decided to do complete road reconstruction, blocking the main road to get to it, we don't have a McDonald's this year, end of the story... Now USA should learn from this Very Happy

btw Guest ik what u did...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rrlobbychat.com
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:35 am

Haha very interesting. My city lost its McDonald's almost 10 years ago. They were importing their potatoes from the USA and ended up losing a lot of money. It's very strange since Bolivia produces a lot of potatoes. Maybe if they supported the local growers things would have ended up better for both of them...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:54 am

We have a Mc Donalds drive by near the freeway, but to be honest, it's not that good .. it always leaves me feeling empty and unsatisfied. Now you may not know this but fries and chips are made from left over, spoiled, rotten and corrupt potato harvests that cannot be sold in any other ways. (I have worked at a chips factory, that's why I know) I literally saw the grey goo spill from the trucks, get mixed with whitener and a stiffening compound and then cut to slices. That is why you can see it always looks so white before they bake the fries.

I found another way to make your own best fries .. try it sometime if you can. Just take a large potato of any kind, wash it, do not even peel the skin. cut it in half and cut the two halves in small slices. Take a small egg cooking pan, fill it with 10cm of cheap sun flower oil, put the gas on highest position, add fries and bake quickly until they are brown, done, add some salt and enjoy Smile You wont believe how good this tastes !

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:32 am

Not too sure about your suggestion on not peeling the skin, my potatoes have too fat skin, maybe the ones you buy have like none at all, but it really depends on the kind of potato it is. And I wouldn't suggest using that much oil, you can make fried potatoes using a lot less, they don't have to be swimming, you know Very Happy

Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:11 pm

My mother has experimented with sweet potato fries and they are very delicious. I think its fine to keep the skin on, but I agree with jork that you don't really need that much oil. But then again, I'm no culinary expert...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:25 am

Really try it, the way I described. The oil is to make sure all fries are immersed and baked quickly. The oil needs to be hot too, otherwise they get sticky and soak up the oil, the skin is extra nice. Trust me this really works fine and if it doesn't, what have you lost Smile Any regular potato will do fine, I used greenish looking ones myself

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:43 am

Hmm... maybe I will. Thanks for the tip! Speaking of fries, a typical Bolivian dish is fries with hot dogs just sliced up in the mix. It's usually served with mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard and is eaten with a toothpick. Might be extra good with the fries you described, 2D4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:16 am

Sounds yummie Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoMercI
RR Novice

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:22 am

What sauce do you guys eat your fries with? In the Netherlands the majority eats their fries with mayonnaise but i now live in the USA and everyone thinks i'm weird eating fries with mayonnaise instead of ketchup.

~NM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:16 pm

I must say I don't eat fries, would like to note that it's not really healthy eating food with a lot of fats in it, and I know how fries are made. (Please mind that I don't know this word in English and am using google translator) "braised" or boiled potatoes might actually taste better than fried if cooked properly, speaking of sauce, I don't really trust mayo manufacturers, nor do I trust any of them, so I only make sauce of fresh vegetables, preferably from my own garden, but it's not always possible. I prefer sauce made of fresh tomatoes (and tomatoes are not vegetables xD), it goes good with the potatoes, might be cause they are related lmao Smile

Oh, and I'd like to brag about the cool screenshot I made in GaR

Spoiler:

Napalm, anyone?

Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:02 pm

Didn't know you were so into healthy foods jork... big ups? As far as potatoes go, I probably like mashed potatoes better than fries anyway. (Nice screenshot BTW)

@NM, here we mostly eat them plain or with a mix of ketchup and mayonnaise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:22 am

I'm considering a soundcloud name change. Good idea or not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:29 am

well, I'm sue you can come up with something more screaming than lolwub Very Happy

Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:40 am

Yeah, I agree. My style has changed significantly since when I first started. I'll try to think of something more suitable. I'm also open to suggestions...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:13 am

What about DJ (D)IGIT ?

Btw, I had a special experience yesterday .. I am struggling with some issues and I ran into 2 guys that were of some type of church. I told them what my problem was and asked them to pray for me, since they were wearing a huge orange overcoat saying: may we pray for you ? They did this prayer to jesus on the spot and as it turns out a few hours later my problem was largely diminished. Coincidence ? maybe

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:32 am

Hmm... that's interesting. Glad your problem diminished! BTW If you ever need someone to pray for you just send me a PM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:50 am

Thanks, sent you a PM

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Thu May 08, 2014 12:38 am

Well I've been thinking of a new name for my souncloud and the only thing I kind of came up with was 'Cataver' which is a play on words of cat and cadaver which kind of fits my musical style. Not sure if I should change it tho. Any other suggestions are welcome...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Thu May 08, 2014 1:48 am

Hmm, it needs to be catchy, as you can keep up the pace and your nickname on here is IGIT, I'd suggest "IGnIT" as in ignite or something, but no one would understand lol, so idk, looking at your sig and avatar I just have too "green" thoughts, need to go think elsewhere Very Happy
Your option sounds fine, although when I checked what a cadaver is it kind of creeped me out lol...google pictures

Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Fri May 09, 2014 1:03 am

Haha well I won't be too quick to changing it... still thinking of more suitable names.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Copyright by 2D4   Fri May 09, 2014 11:49 pm

I mentioned this before I think but what about IGIT or DIGIT ? If no one has it yet, it's a great name for a DJ

Makes me think of an old idea I had to write a script for a movie called PUMA - Preserving Unit Mankind Apocalypse. A random guy is finishing highschool as he finds out he is different from the other guys (we see him wearing puma sneakers and drawing naked female classmates on his chemistry notes, he is bored because he obviously has an IQ of 185) He doesn't like fights and has superhuman speed and precognition etc, and has no idea why (so only enhanced human traits, no wishy washy x men bullshit) Then the end of the world suddenly arrives and the more violent, cruel and mean people are , the faster they die, but puma survives, his kindhearted spirit protects him and makes him do exactly the right thing to dodge the dangers, now he will inherit the earth .. as is it washed clean of all dreads, like a polished pearl. It seems his kindness and compassionate nature activated a long slumbering secret dna code, that gave him these skills and powers to survive the ordeal, making him a preserving unit for the dna of humankind. We witness him admiring the beauty of the new earth with tears of joy and bitter sadness as it seems everyone died, and he is all alone .. the beaches and highways riddled with corpses (broken bones sticking out of the muddy sand, like branches snapped by a storm) but walking off into the sunset (in what appears to be the end of the movie) he is greeted by someone, and yet another survivor, it seems the puma's are not extinct after all .. their dance of joy fades into the golden shimmer of the evening sun turning the seashore into an ocean of golden light.

Offcourse Puma could sponsor it and it would be a goldmine ... don't run with it !!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Sat May 10, 2014 12:06 am

I just feel like IGIT or DIGIT are too clean sounding or something. They would be great if I was producing Electronic Dance Music but alas I primarily want to focus on Electronic Death Music.

Cool script BTW. Not sure how accurate that may be in the future tho Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Sat May 10, 2014 12:15 am

Well ... the bible tells us of things to come and of the meek who will inherit the earth (we could include a scene of bible class mentioning these passages, and the obnoxious kids who do not pay attention and who will die only a few scenes later) a new earth is also mentioned, and offcourse the angels, and the second coming of christ.

Too clean . hmmm, well that is a pro for clean sounding modern and snappy beats. You could include a counting down as your hallmark aswell Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
2D4
Critique Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   Sat May 10, 2014 12:17 am

If you really want something with a cat .. how about Cat a Tonic ?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worth a Mention   

Back to top Go down

Worth a Mention
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robot Rage Survivors Forums :: News, Rules and Important Things :: Miscellaneous-
Jump to: