Share | 

So what's the latest then?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous1
RR Minus

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:10 pm

Why does it have to be the Robot Rage that is exactly how it is played on the computer?

I know plenty of apps that have deviated from the initial design that is played on the computer.

The way I think it would be done is from allowing Robots on a mobile to have 3 weapons. So lets say that the turrent has a laser cannon. That's one weapon, and thus one button. Then you want to have a claw. That's another button. And also say you want Glue. That's the final weapon. All of those buttons you use on your stronger hand (I'm right handed. So those buttons would be on the right hand side of the screen. On the left hand side, I would have the joystick to move the robot around).

I don't think that having a spy cam would be much of a problem at all, even if it was no-one would buy  it or the developers would just remove it. Also, the turrent would represent the main camera view, and that can be incorporated anywhere on the screen which is touch sensitive like moving left and right. (So you could move left and right, and turn the turrent weapon around to look left and right). I would think that you can remove the rear view camera, I barely used that lol, and what we could also have is a map GTA Style for bigger areas.

There are plenty of popular games in the app market that are similar to Robot Rage that incorporate this sort of model. It's nothing new and to your disdain, it would have to be implemented to increase awareness and ultimately make money.

Everything has been figured out, except how to live.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:53 pm

Even with that setup you would need three hands if you want to navigate, move the turret, and fire a weapon... I think movable turrets are a no-no. What if I wanted to claw an opponent while lasering them and placing glue as I drive backwards? That requires three fingers, which I cannot see working out on a mobile device.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:43 pm

That would give monkeys an unfair advantage, I'm against this!

btw Guest ik what u did...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rrlobbychat.com
Anonymous1
RR Minus

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:24 pm

digit wrote:
Even with that setup you would need three hands if you want to navigate, move the turret, and fire a weapon... I think movable turrets are a no-no. What if I wanted to claw an opponent while lasering them and placing glue as I drive backwards? That requires three fingers, which I cannot see working out on a mobile device.

It's been done already. There is a game called Tanktastic on the App market which you can download which works like how I described it. It's nothing new. Check it out!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:12 pm

If it's already been done why on earth would we want a new RR with the same mechanics?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anonymous1
RR Minus

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:08 pm

I'm not sure what you're trying to say?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:16 pm

It seems like you like the way that Tanktastic is set up, so why would you want Robot Rage to be funded and recreated if its just going to run on the same principle? Seems like a waste of time and resources that will be inherently non-creative and non-intuitive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anonymous1
RR Minus

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:35 am

Firstly, I mentioned that the controls would be very similar or maybe even the exact same. That's all. That's like saying why does a company like PES make a football game if FIFA dwarfs it? Because it can make money and is popular. So what if they've got the same ideas, Robot Rage would be and has been more popular than Tanktastic. FIFA is more popular than PES, but that doesn't stop people buying PES and PES won't stop making games as long as there is demand, which there is.

Secondly, Tanktastic is entirely different from Robot Rage. You don't get lasers there. Or spinning discs. In fact, the concept of both games are worlds apart. As the names suggests, Tanktastic focuses on the conventional tanks whereas Robot Rage focuses on Robots. I'm sure that there are lots of people out there that want to play with lasers, discs and cloaking devices rather than a normal tank.

Finally, it won't be a waste of time because in order to make money, they need to increase the demand for it, and they can do that by creating awareness in the form of advertising and also placing it in the app market. Whether you like it or not, if the produces are smart they will make a mobile version of it. It's mandatory to expand to increase awareness and the producers would be foolish not to create a mobile version of it. The reality is that almost all top games have some sort of App Version or a similar app created on the concept of that game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:12 pm

Well if you want RR to be a casual game I guess that's fine, but RR was one of the few games out at the time that utilized a great amount of skill and strategy, the likes of which are seen in today's esports games. Of the esports games, none are played on mobile devices. This isn't to say that its impossible for a mobile game to be extremely skill oriented but it just adds another obstacle that RR obviously doesn't need in regaining its former glory.

Some RR matches I've had lasted hours. Who wants to be holding a mobile device in a poised position for that long without a break? On the computer you can be semi relaxed while still ready to react quickly. The ability to use multiple buttons at the same time with the assurance of an actual button being pressed down is also lost on mobile devices. Not to mention the specs are undeniably less on a mobile than on a pc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anonymous1
RR Minus

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:37 am

Nobody wants to be holding a mobile device for hours. But if you're on the train or bus, toilet or library and are bored, you can just whip out your phone and play some a game or so. It's not designed to be played on for hours, most apps aren't, they're for when you're bored and just want a quick game.

I agree with your critical analysis of Robot Rage on a mobile device, it certainly wouldn't be as good as on Computer. But it is what it is. Most apps aren't as good as the parent version on the Computer anyway.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anonymous1
RR Minus

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:04 pm

Wow.

Been a long time. I see Robot Rage Reborn is being made?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Anonymous1 wrote:
Wow.

Welcome back!
Yeah, but if it's released soon enough it's gonna be soundless MUAHAHAHAHA.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous1
RR Minus

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:04 am

jork wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:
Wow.

Welcome back!
Yeah, but if it's released soon enough it's gonna be soundless MUAHAHAHAHA.

Nice to see you Jork Smile Been a long time, just randomly decided to check up on the forums. Happy that something is being done!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:38 am

Hey man, happy to see another survivor return from the depths!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anonymous1
RR Minus

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:31 pm

digit wrote:
Hey man, happy to see another survivor return from the depths!

How you doing? Long time no see. Man you must have roamed this forum for years...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:03 am

Anonymous1 wrote:

How you doing? Long time no see. Man you must have roamed this forum for years...
Things are starting to fall in to place it seems, so I'd say I'm doing pretty well Smile
Well, I've been here since '08, Jork actually has me beat by 19 days. There were times when I felt my daily visits were futile, sometimes months went by without a post, but it feels amazing to open up a tab and see new posts nearly everyday now. RRReborn has breathed new life into this forum and I am extremely grateful for that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anonymous1
RR Minus

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:56 pm

digit wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:

Things are starting to fall in to place it seems, so I'd say I'm doing pretty well Smile
Well, I've been here since '08, Jork actually has me beat by 19 days. There were times when I felt my daily visits were futile, sometimes months went by without a post, but it feels amazing to open up a tab and see new posts nearly everyday now. RRReborn has breathed new life into this forum and I am extremely grateful for that!

Yeah, I honestly just had an epiphany and decided to check the forums again and it's amazing to see RRReborn being made. We should try to get others to come back on this forum like East and RootRanger. I don't know how to contact them though. I'm definitely going to be checking this forum daily. It's weird because we're all in different timezones.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:25 pm

yeah, timezones are pretty tricky, which is probably why chat rooms aren't really working for us now.
Two more days and it will be a whole year since Root's last visit. East is already past a year...
Hopefully they and others will come to have an epiphany such as you had sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anonymous1
RR Minus

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:02 pm

digit wrote:
yeah, timezones are pretty tricky, which is probably why chat rooms aren't really working for us now.
Two more days and it will be a whole year since Root's last visit. East is already past a year...
Hopefully they and others will come to have an epiphany such as you had sunny

Very Happy

Doesn't anyone have them on Facebook or something? Not a user of social media. I think they should at least be aware of Robot Rage Reborn. That would be nice.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:52 pm

I used to have East on msn, but that thing is like long dead, not a fan of social media either...
I'm pretty confident Root will check in again, he always does.

Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:33 pm

As forum administrator, I have the emails that everyone used to sign up. I personally use a throwaway email for nearly everything, but hopefully these guys didn't. I'll try sending them an email and see if they respond.

So far I've sent an email to:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:38 pm

Don't forget 2D4, hope he checks in.

Now let's wait for X to show up and set up his chat once again Very Happy

If it helps, I have Max on skype for some reason lol.

Back to top Go down
digit
Add mint

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:43 pm

I just sent off another batch, but it appears the first batch had no responses... I guess it couldn't hurt to try to contact Marc through skype, eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jork
He Who Wants it Brung

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:01 am

It's not Marc, it's Max, the one who had Survivors Rage bot on silentbay RR.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous1
RR Minus

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:53 pm

Wait can you actually see people's e-mail addresses? Or are they encrypted?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what's the latest then?   

Back to top Go down

So what's the latest then?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robot Rage Survivors Forums :: Robot Rage :: Robot Rage - General Talk-
Jump to: